Announcing Alexa for Anova Precision® Oven
Anova & Alexa: A great new
reason to shout in the kitchen.
Once Alexa’s been paired with your Anova Precision® Oven, there are all kinds of voice prompts you can use to control your Oven. Whether you’re busy handling other tasks at hand, or just don’t feel like getting up from the couch, Alexa and Anova are ready to make thing’s even easier in your kitchen. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Setting up Alexa with your Anova Precision® Oven
- In the Alexa app on your iOS/Android, go to “More->Skills & Games->Search”
- Search for “Anova”
- Tap the “Anova Oven” skill.
- Tap “ENABLE SKILL” to link with your Anova email/account.
- Once linked, tap “DISCOVER DEVICES.”
- If your oven is on, connected to WiFi, and is connected to your Anova account, you should see that Alexa found your oven.
Preheat and Cook Style Commands
- Preheat my oven to 350 degrees.
- Set my oven to Sous Vide at 125 degrees.
- Set my oven to Bake at 325 degrees.
- Bake my cookies at 350 degrees in my oven.
- Set my oven to Sous Vide mode at 125 degrees.
- Air fry my vegetables at 400 degrees in my oven.
- Set my oven to dehydrate at 140 degrees.
Mode Setting Commands
- Turn my oven off.
- Set my oven to Sous Vide mode. [Alexa will prompt for a temp]
- Set my oven to Proof. [Will set to Sous Vide mode, 100% at 85F]
- Set my oven to Steam. [Will set to Sous Vide mode, 100% at 212F]
- Set my oven to Convection Steam. [Will set to Sous Vide mode, 100% at 212F]
- Set my oven to Bake. [Will set to 350F 0% steam.]
- Set my oven to Convection Bake. [Will set to 350F 0% steam.]
- Set my oven to Broil. [Will set to 450F 0% steam. Top Element]
- Set my oven to Dehydrate. [Will set to 137F 0% steam. Bottom Element]
Food Probe / Cook to Core Commands
- Sous Vide my chicken to 145 degrees in my oven.
- Bake my pork to 165 degrees in my oven.
Cook with a Timer Commands
- Sous Vide my fish in my oven at 125 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Bake my cookies in my oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Questions You Can Ask Alexa
- What is my oven’s temperature? (Oven must be cooking)
- What is the temperature of the food in my oven? (Needs the food probe inserted)
- When is the food done in my oven? (If a timer is set)
- Is my oven on?
Alexa will announce the following, if notifications are turned on for the oven:
- Your oven has preheated (when starting a cook that has a preheat stage as the first stage).
- Your food has reached target temperature (when using the food probe and a food target temperature).
- Your food in the oven is ready (when using a timer in the last stage and the timer expires).
Other Notes and Disclaimers:
- The responses Alexa gives are controlled by Amazon. We can’t edit or change these.
- If you try cooking with the door open, the skill detects this, and prevents you from starting the cook until the door is closed.
- If you try cooking to core with a food probe, but the probe isn’t connected, the skill will ask you to connect the probe.