The best way to enjoy Fourth of July weekend is with family and friends and a hearty helping of classic all-American dishes. With the Anova Precision Cooker, you can cook the classics, spend time catching up with your cookout guests, and get the thrill of the grill after a sous vide warm-up. Here’s a roundup of a few favorites for The Fourth, along with tips and tricks to make your results even better.
Is there anything more satisfying than a plate full of fall-off-the-bone pork ribs on the Fourth of July? Not if they’re done with the Precision Cooker. Here are a few tips for getting those perfect, fall-off-the-bone ribs:
Time & Temp: 20 Hours / 145 F (62.8 C)
- For longer recipes like this one, you’ll want to keep your vessel insulated to help avoid water loss. Cover your pot with saran wrap or foil, or use our DIY sous vide cooler trick.
- Skip the broiler and sear these on the grill to get a crispy, cookout finish.
Perhaps no dish is more of an all-American classic than the cheeseburger. If you want to achieve burger Nirvana just follow this super simple burger recipe, along with a few of our favorite tricks for precision cooking the perfect patty:
Time & Temp: 30 Minutes / 130 F (54.4 C)
- Skip the vacuum sealer for this recipe and go with a zipper lock bag: vacuum sealing these will compress the meat, causing a dense result.
- Seal each burger in individual zipper lock bags to help the patties retain their shape.
Did you know that you can make THE best BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches in America with your Precision Cooker? Here’s why:
Time & Temp: 1 Hour / 150 F (65.6 C)
- Precision cooked meat retains more moisture than any other cooking method, making it super easy (and a lot less messy) to shred chicken by hand.
- The seasoning on the surface prior to the cook is enough to seal in the flavor, so a brine isn’t necessary. Just don’t salt too heavily when seasoning as it will pull the moisture from the meat and cause a drier result.
This super simple recipe requires minimal time and prep -- just half an hour -- and the results will leave your guests clamoring for more.
Time & Temp: 30 Minutes / 131 F (55 C)
- Fish is delicate. Skip the vacuum sealer and turn the direction of the impeller away from the bag so the pressure doesn’t damage the filet.
- Do a quick brine and set on ice when cooking fish fillet recipes like this one to avoid the filmy, white albumin in your results. Brining will also help protect against overcooking.
Time for dessert! Wow your guests with a twist on the American classic apple pie by whipping up this mouth-watering recipe with your Anova Precision Cooker. You might even start a new tradition!
Time & Temp: 1 Hour / 175 F (79.4 C)
- Once you’ve peeled the apples, give the surface a quick buff using the scrub brush to give the apples a more even-looking appearance.
- Keep the bags from floating by weighing them down with heat-safe glass marbles or a strategically placed utensil.
Just reading about these delicious Fourth of July recipes should leave you drooling and inspired to cook up the best barbecue for the 4th your friends and family have ever experienced.
To access our Fourth of July Recipes Collection at the touch of a button, download the latest version of the Anova Culinary app, available on iTunes and Google Play: