Cap off a perfectly-cooked meal with a dessert fit for royalty. For so long, creme brulee has been an extremely difficult dish to deliver to the dinner table. So many steps, and so easy to overcook...until now! Mix the ingredients and let Anova's precision do all the work. Read along and learn how Anova makes easy work of this traditionally tricky custard.
Sous Vide Creme Brulee
What you'll need (serves 4):
- 4 large egg yolks
- 10 oz heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz mason jars and lids
- Kitchen torch or broiler
1. Set Anova Precision Cooker to 176°F / 80°C.
2. Combine egg yolks, sugar, heavy cream, and salt. Whisk to combine. Pass through strainer to remove air bubbles.
3. Pour mixture slowly into 4 oz mason jars. Tighten lids with two fingers, until just met with resistance. Do not over tighten.
4. Place jars in preheated water bath and cook for 1 hour.
1. Carefully remove jars from water bath. Let jars cool to room temperature, 1-2 hours, before placing in ice bath to further set the custard.
2. Dust with sugar and use torch (or place under broiler) to caramelize sugar until a layer of glass-like sugar forms
3. Garnish with your choice of toppings, if any, and dive into that creamy custard!
Crack Into Creamy Creme Brulee
Next time dessert needs to be decided, serve this super-simple recipe and wow all of your guests. 4 ingredients, and easier than ever. You can check out the recipe for Sous Vide Creme Brulee
and many other recipes on our recipes site
and on the Anova Culinary App.