Sous Vide Fried Chicken
What you'll need:
- 2 whole chickens
- Salt and pepper
- Pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Canola, peanut, or vegetable oil for frying
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 155°F / 68.3°C.
2. Break down chicken into individual pieces. Salt the chicken heavily. This will create a brine while it’s cooking to help keep it as moist as possible.
3. Bag white meat and dark meat separately, as each will cook for different time.
4. Place dark meat in water bath and sous vide for two hours. After two hours, add white meat and cook for one hour, leaving dark meat in too.
1. Heat at least 4″ of oil in a pot or dutch oven to 400°F / 204°C.
2. Take your pastry flour and add your spices, mix.
3. Dredge your chicken in the buttermilk and then the flour. If you like it extra crispy, dredge it in the buttermilk and flour a second time to make an extra thick coating.
4. Fry until the coating looks good, usually about 2-3 minutes. It’s literally as simple as that. If it looks good, it’s done!
Time to Eat!
Dig in! Who doesn’t love a huge pile of fried chicken?! Check out the full recipe for sous vide fried chicken
, available on the Anova Recipes Site
and the Anova App
. Be sure to check out all my recipes at beyondtherecipes.com