Smooth, creamy, tangy, and delicious. We could list a 100 reasons why yogurt is the best, but making it at home is a headache. It takes hours upon hours of hovering over the stove making sure the temperature is justtt right. Gotta be an easier way, right? Enter Anova. The precision of Anova makes maintaining the perfect temperature involved in traditional methods a cinch. All you need to do now is quickly heat the milk, whisk some yogurt starter in, pour into jars, and walk away as your yogurt cooks. That's it. Check out #anovafoodnerd Justin Borecky's guide to cranking out wicked-tasty yogurt at home, easier than ever.
Sous Vide Yogurt
What you'll need
Makes 16 - 4oz servings or 8 - 8oz servings
- 1600g (6 3/4 cups) whole milk
- 100g (3 1/3 oz) active yogurt culture. Most store brand yogurt will work for this
- Toppings of choice: berries, honey, granola, etc
1. Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 110°F / 43.3°C.
2. Add milk to large saucepan. Heat milk to 180°F / 82.2°C, or just before milk starts to simmer. Make sure you’re stirring and scraping the bottom constantly. Heating it to this temperature helps to denature the protein strands which will help to thicken your yogurt. If you want to add a flavoring to your yogurt, such as vanilla bean or extracts, this is the time to do it. Just steep it in the warm milk.
3. Remove milk from heat and place it in an ice bath. Chill until milk is below 110°F / 43.3°C.
4. Take yogurt starter and add to milk. Whisk to combine.
5. Pour into mason jars, and tighten lids until met with resistance. Do not over-tighten.
6. Place in preheated water bath and cook for 12 hours.
1. When your timer goes off, transfer to refrigerator and rest overnight. When yogurt is chilled, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Creamy and Delicious Yogurt
Time to tackle yogurt and have a refrigerator full of delicious breakfast treats ready on the go! Download the Anova app
to share your favorite recipes, and peep more wicked-delicious recipes on our recipes site