Need Perfect Brisket? Junior #anovafoodnerd Max Has the Hook Up!
If you’ve got children (or an adult who acts like a child), at this point you’re probably open to just about anything to keep them busy while spending all this extended time indoors – why not put them in the drivers seat while cooking your next meal?
It’s fun, educational, and will get them started on a skill many of us wish we’d take up earlier in life. This week on the blog we’ve got a feature on our dude Max, a junior #anovafoodnerd from the UK is cooking up brisket that goes toe-to-toe with anyone, no matter the age.
Sous Vide “Smoked” Brisket
What you need:
- One large piece of trimmed brisket
- Liquid Smoke
- 1tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1tbsp Onion Powder
- 1tbsp Paprika (hot or mild)
- 1tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- Two springs of fresh thyme
- Four cloves of garlic
- Large Knob of butter
Step by Step:
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 155ºF / 68.3ºC
- Once done, remove from the bag and pat dry with a paper towel. Cover with more salt and pepper.
Kids in the Kitchen!
Make cooking a family affair — find more recipes here, and be sure to tag your sous vide creations with #anovafoodnerd! From all of us at Anova, stay safe, and happy cooking!