We’re happy to share what we've been working on with our #anovafoodnerds - We will be shipping a new mobile app this summer. Late last year, we began working on completely rewriting our mobile app and we’re excited to say that this newer, better app is almost ready for primetime.
Here are some answers to questions and details about what to expect:
- Increased velocity. Once we ship this new app, you’ll experience a drastic change in the pace with which we deliver new features that improve the experience
- Ship date = Summer. We’re expecting this new app to ship this summer. Before then, we’d love your help testing the new app:
- What do I need to do to get the new app? The new app will be delivered as an update to the existing app. You'll simply have to update the Anova app once the new app is available.
- Will the new app be supported on iOS AND Android? Yes. All new features will be released across both platforms at the same time.
- What about the existing apps? Between now and when our new app is fully launched, we’ll continue to support our existing apps by fixing critical bugs, but you shouldn’t expect any new feature development in the existing apps.
- Feature parity and migration to the new app. You’ll have all the features you currently enjoy using in our existing app. Your preferences will be ported over to the new app.
- What's next? We'll send out another announcement when we've released the app to the app stores.
In 2014, we launched the first connected kitchen device. While others have imitated what we’ve done, we were the first and we’ll continue to be first with truly innovative concepts. And while we’ve spent years iterating on our apps, we still struggle with the vestiges of some of our original decisions. To fix this, we have dedicated significant resources into building a world-class team which has re-engineered our mobile apps and the infrastructure on which it will run.
The mission for our software team is to inspire #anovafoodnerds to create great food by delivering on the promise of the Anova Kitchen - a promise that has three key themes:
- Software must enable #anovafoodnerds to connect in a meaningful way - We believe that both device connectivity and communication between different devices are increasingly important features of the Anova Kitchen.
- Content and personalized content is perhaps the most important aspect of the connected kitchen. We’ve got the largest collection of sous vide recipes and our apps enable people to save what they’ve cooked and share it with the #anovafoodnerd community. Our content will continue to evolve and over time we’ll learn about your preferences and deliver personalized recommendations that will help inspire you to create great food.
- Community - #anovafoodnerds cook together and experiment and learn together. Our mobile apps should facilitate these meaningful connections.
Delivering an exceptional experience through our software is a top priority, which is why we’ve dedicated the past year to getting its foundation right. We’re incredibly thankful for your patience and support.
Shipping this new app is just the beginning of an exciting time at Anova. We’ve got huge ambitions to change the way people cook. We’re always looking for amazing, passionate people, so if you’re interested in joining us in our mission to reinvent the kitchen please check out our careers page or put your LinkedIn profile in a comment below.
Thanks so much for your support.