Tough cuts are pretty intimidating. How the heck do you turn a piece of meat loaded with connective tissue into something amazing? With Anova, toss those qualms out the window. Drop the meat in the precise water bath and let the low and slow cooking of Anova
do the job, turning tricky proteins into a meal fit for royalty. #anovafoodnerd Nick Roush is sharing one of his favorite recipes for a wicked-tender sous vide lamb shank sure to impress anyone who is lucky enough to get their hands on it!
Sous Vide Lamb Shank
What you'll need:
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1/2 oz salt
- 1/2 oz pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon pink curing salt (optional)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
1. Set Anova Precision Cooker to 143°F / 61.7°C
2. Season lamb with salt, pepper, and curing salt.
3. Place rosemary on lamb, add lamb to vacuum bag and seal. Place in water bath and cook 48 hours.
1. Set up smoker to 225°F-250°F / 107°C-121°C, or preheat oven to 225°F / 107°C.
2. Prepare a bowl full of heavily iced water. When 48 hours is up, transfer bags of lamb to ice bath for 15 minutes to chill lamb to prevent overcooking in smoker or oven.
3. Remove lamb from bag, and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Place in smoker or oven for 90 minutes.
5. Remove lamb from smoker or oven, and enjoy the most tender and delicious meat ever!
Time to chow down
Make your next meal the best ever! Whether you're finishing in the smoker for an extra layer of flavor, or letting the oven do some work, this dish is a winner time after time. Be sure to check out the recipe here
, as well as more hundreds more recipes on our recipes site
, and also available on the Anova Culinary App
! Happy cooking, nerds.