Sous Vide Smoked Pulled Pork
What you'll need:
- 8-10 pound pork shoulder (smaller is fine, just adjust smoke time to around 3 hours)
- Meat Church Honey Hog Rub (or your favorite rub...but trust us, get some Meat Church!)
- Yellow mustard
Directions:1. Rub pork shoulder with yellow mustard to help rub adhere to meat.
2. Season pork with Meat Church Honey Hog (or choice of rub).
3. Place pork on smoker at 250°F / 121°C for 3-6 hours depending on size. Smoke for a few hours until internal temperature reaches 150°F / 65.5°C and the exterior has nice color and caramelization.
4. After a few hours have passed, remove pork from smoker or grill.
5. Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 165°F / 73.9°C.
6. Place pork in large vacuum bag, or ziplock resealable bag. If needed, you can split the pork into separate pieces to fit in bags!
7. Place in preheated water bath and cook for 18 hours.
8. When pork is done cooking, remove from bag, shred with a fork (it'll be SO tender!) and serve however you choose! Matt's favorite pairing is on a soft bun with some pickled and a nice tangy cole slaw.