Smooth, creamy, tangy, delicious. We could list a 100 reasons why yogurt is the bomb, but making it at home is a headache? It takes hours upon hours of hovering above the stove making sure the temperature is justtt right. Gotta be an easier way, right? Enter Anova. The precision of Anova
makes quick work of the temperature headaches involved in traditional methods. All you need to do now is quickly heat the milk, whisk some yogurt starter in, pour into jars, and walk away as your yogurt cooks. That's it. Check out #anovafoodnerd Justin Borecky's guide to cranking out killer yogurt at home, easier than ever.
Sous Vide Yogurt
What you'll need (makes 16 portions):
- 1600g (6 3/4 cups) whole milk
- 100g (3 1/3 oz) active yogurt culture. Most store brand yogurt will work for this
- Toppings of choice: berries, honey, granola, etc
1. Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 110°F / 43.3°C
2. Add milk to large saucepan. Heat milk to 180°F / 82.2°C. Make sure you’re stirring and scraping the bottom constantly. Heating it to this temperature helps to denature the protein strands which will help to thicken your yogurt. If you want to add a flavoring to your yogurt, such as vanilla bean or extracts, this is the time to do it. Just steep it in the warm milk.
3. Remove milk from heat and place it in an ice bath. Chill until milk is below 110°F / 43.3°C.
4. Take yogurt starter and add to milk. Whisk to combine.
5. Pour into 4 oz mason jars, and tighten lids until met with resistance. Do not over-tighten.
6. Place in preheated water bath and cook for 12 hours.
1. When your timer goes off, transfer to refrigerator and rest overnight. When yogurt is chilled, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Creamy and Delicious Yogurt
Time to tackle yogurt and have a refrigerator full of delicious breakfast treats ready on the go! To see more of what Anova can do, be sure to check out this sous vide yogurt recipe
and hundreds more recipes on our recipes site (establish shot of all ingredients)
and on the Anova Culinary App
. Ready for more killer recipes? Drop a comment below and tell us what you want to see next! Be sure to check out more of Justin's recipes here