There’s nothing better than cozying up to the fire and sipping on a sweet, creamy holiday treat with a little bit of a kick! Check out #anovafoodnerd Justin Borecky’s
full guide below and serve rich, decadent, and super-simple sous vide eggnog with your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker
Sous Vide Eggnog
Makes around 16 servings. Scale as necessary!
What you’ll need:
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 Eggs
- 4 cups Milk
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon Clove
- 1/2 A Whole Nutmeg, Grated
- 2 cups Bourbon
1. Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 144°F / 62.2°C
2. Add egg yolks, eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and cloves in a blender.
3. Scrape vanilla from vanilla bean and add to blender. Keep vanilla bean skin.
4. Add 1/2 of the grated nutmeg.
5. Place a half of each cinnamon stick and a quarter of the vanilla pod into each jar.
6. Blend mixture until frothy.
7. Pour into 32oz mason jars or freezer ziplock bags.
8. Add bourbon, splitting evenly between jars.
9. Seal jars finger tight, careful not to over tighten.
10. Place jars in the bath and sous vide for one hour.
1. When it’s done, just place it in the fridge overnight. It’s ready right away, but if you let it sit for another week, the alcohol will mellow out. Top with a little fresh grated nutmeg for garnish and enjoy! It’s sweet, rich, creamy and has enough kick to give anybody the holiday spirit!
Get into the Spirit!
Be sure to check out more holiday recipes on the Anova Recipe Site
, also available on the Anova App
! You can also find the recipe for sous vide eggnog here
, where you can print, share and pin all of your favorite recipes! Be sure to share all of your killer meals and cocktails on social media using #anovafoodnerd.