Cloud Cooking — Welcome to the future!
Hi! My name’s Rod, and I recently joined Anova to lead our software team. Before joining, I would never pretend to be a kitchen whiz, but once I met with the team here, heard about their vision for the future of the kitchen, and confirmed our shared belief that software and hardware working together is what makes the best products, I had to join. And today, I’m proud to announce the release of the first version of our Anova WI-FI app for iOS, available to download for free in the App Store. In conjunction with our WI-FI Precision Cooker, for the first time you can start cooking food and monitoring its progress from anywhere—your kitchen, your sofa, the gym, or that long bus-ride home! This is something that isn’t possible with any other device on the market today, and it is only achievable by the smart combination of hardware and software. This is a tremendous achievement, the result of months of collaboration between hardware designers and software engineers; product managers and interface designers; industry experts and users like you. But while all of us at Anova are thrilled to get this version into your hands, in many respects this is just a starting line. One of the beautiful things about connected devices is that we can keep building new and improved software for it, enhancing the experience. As we develop new features, your cooker will become smarter! We’re already hard at work on our next version, and have a roadmap full of exciting features:
- Integrating Kenji López-Alt’s time & temperature guides. Cooking the perfect medium-rare steak shouldn’t take more than a couple of taps!
- Scheduling your cook. Tell us what you’re cooking and when you want it ready, and we’ll take care of the timing — and monitor your cooker to make sure your food is safe.
- An API for developers. Write your own apps to control your cooker, or take advantage of tools like IFTTT to create rules to simplify your life.
- Accessibility features. Our app will provide a whole new way to cook for users who otherwise may find it difficult. With Anova, everybody has a seat at the table.
- iPad compatibility. An expanded user interface to make recipe browsing a breeze.
- And oh, so much more! But I don’t want to spoil the surprise!